The Canadian Arab Institute (CAI) is looking for dedicated university students to serve as campus ambassadors. One of the institute's critical areas of focus is Canadian Arab youth engagement and development. CAI Campus Ambassadors from universities across the country are being recruited to be the voice of their campus at CAI all the while bringing the CAI vision and mission to life on their campus. This program aims to enable Canadian Arab student associations on post-secondary campuses the capacity to identify and address the needs of students from the Canadian Arab community. Understanding the culture and potential of each campus is important to us, as we aim to ensure the requirements of Arab-based student associations are identified, fulfilled and supported.
The Campus Ambassadors will act as representatives of their campuses at the Canadian Arab Institute’s CAI Academy as well as be the voice of CAI on their campus. By engaging with students and faculty, they will represent and promote CAI’s mandate, events, and activities while receiving support in developing their own activities on their campus. This position will enable the Ambassador to expand their own networking capabilities, on campus primarily, but also off-campus as they engage in the wider scope of CAI’s activities.
The responsibilities of a campus ambassador include:
- Participate in our inaugural Ambassador Capacity Building Summit held in October 2016 (exact date TBD).
- Introduce and promote CAI’s events and activities to diverse student associations and Canadian Arab organizations on campus.
- Schedule social media posts and distribute flyers/ marketing materials (when applicable).
- Provide input into how CAI can support events and activities hosted by Canadian Arab student associations.
- Complete a bi-monthly report discussing initiatives taking place on your campus.
- Connect CAI with relevant faculty members and initiatives that may help mobilize public policy and initiate research tailored to Canadian Arabs.
- Network with clubs and individuals on your campus that are both within and outside of the Arab community.
- Attend three development related webinars during their term as ambassadors.
- Create at least one event on your campus that CAI can be featured or promoted.
- Identify as a Canadian Arab
- In 2nd to 4th year at a university in Canada
- Able to commit on average 5 hours per week during the academic year at their university
- Goal-oriented with strong interpersonal communication skills
- A member of diverse clubs on their campus
- Well-networked and an outgoing member of the campus community
- Keen interest in marketing or event promotion
- Attend a unique leadership summit
- Receive training on how to be an effective ambassador and leader on campus
- Strengthening your social and professional network
- Enhance student association’s organization on their respective campuses
- Attend CAI events and activities for free or at a discounted rate
- Build your résumé and a professional network
- Become a part of the CAI family
- Build leadership and networking skills
- Ambassadors who satisfactorily complete their duties will qualify for a CAI structured mentorship opportunity.
If interested please click HERE to fill out the application form and attach your résumé and a photocopy of your student card.